Well, that's it, I guess. Another year in the can and for several reasons, I'm glad it's over.
This time last year I posted a few simple desires for this year...
"A year where I'm not struggling to pay my bills and maybe get to save a little money...All things considered I can, for the first time in a long time, say "Mission Accomplished"... and I actually feel like I'm in a position to make some real resolutions. Resolutions that can have a substantial impact on my life and how it ultimately plays out.
A year where I have as few life changing crises as possible...
A year where at the the end of it I can look back and feel like I haven't been upside down spinning my wheels for most of it...
Then again... maybe I'll just settle for learning how to deal with things better."
So, that being said... here goes in no particular order:
- I will lose weight this year. I know that I won't hit my goal weight, but I want to at least feel and look better.
- I will create more. Art, writing, etc... I have a creative soul and I have been stifling it something awful. I would LOVE to buy myself a good camera again. That is something I truly miss.
- I will be kinder and more understanding to those around me... especially to my kids. Unfortunately, all too often they end up on the receiving end of my frustration and I end up doing more yelling than I do listening.
- I will spend more time with my friends and family. Sadly, I have had a horrible tendency this past year to lock myself away from everyone and hide. I'm grateful that it appears that nobody has written me off.
- I will continue my quest toward true financial responsibility. I'm doing much better than I was, but I'm not there yet.
- I will create a bucket list and I will work on crossing at least one thing off of it.
There you have it. Nothing hard and fast, but all of them important and potentially life altering.